General Statement of Intent – Equality and Diversity
GC Construct is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce so that each employee feels respected and able to perform to the best of their abilities.
The practice acknowledges and promotes the differences between individuals and values a diverse contribution of skills, abilities and experience.
To that end, the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and business operations. We will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
It is practice policy to ensure that all members of the public, business partners, and all employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect.
Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
The directors commit to:
- Creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Providing employees with a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Making training, development and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- Recognising that equality in all aspects of our activity is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- Review all our employment practices and operational procedures to ensure fairness.
- Ensure that the practice observes as far as possible all relevant codes of practice and complies with its obligations under current regulations and legislation.
Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Gary Crouch - Director
Signed - Gary Crouch
Gary Crouch (Jan 6, 2023 08:50 GMT)