General Statement of Intent – Health and Safety
This statement has been prepared to define the way in which GC Construct intends to manage, comply and implement all aspects of health and safety, the associated regulations, legislation and client requirements.
GC Construct recognise the importance of occupational health, safety and welfare in the successful operation of its activities.
GC Construct believes that it is everyone's responsibility to participate in the occupational health safety and welfare systems and to contribute towards achieving our overall objectives of the highest standards of accident prevention, while continually improving health and safety for employees and others.
It is the policy of all operations of GC Construct to:
- Provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe methods/systems of work, safe working conditions and a healthy environment.
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of any articles or substances.
- Provide and maintain safe access to and egress from any place of work under our control.
- Provide and maintain a working environment which is adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for the health and welfare of employees whilst at work.
- Strive for ongoing and continual improvement of its performance in managing occupational health and safety through implementing an H&S management system.
- Communicate the contents of the policy to all employees with the intent that employees are made aware of their individual health and safety obligations.
- Provide training and/or instruction as may be necessary to personnel at all levels.
- Provide means of consultation on health and safety matters for all employees.
- Provide and display this policy and any such written instructions as are necessary to assist in the regulation of health and safety practices and operations.
- Provide a copy of the policy to interested parties.
Occupational health, safety and welfare are the responsibility of all employees. Everyone is expected to contribute towards achieving the organisations, overall aims and objectives.
Our aim is to encourage initiative and adopt best practice in a culture where employees and managers are aware of their individual health and safety responsibilities. We are actively engaged and committed to improving standards of health, safety and welfare and to maintaining our management systems, and all necessary resources will be allocated in order to achieve this. I commit to providing all required resources, including financial resources, to ensure the full and proper implementation of this policy.
This policy is to be reviewed periodically to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the organisation and takes account any changes in legislation or changes to company policy.
Gary Crouch – Director
Gary Crouch (Jan 6, 2023 08:50 GMT)